Welcome to my site!
I recently completed my PhD in plant ecology/biogeography with the Big Ecology Lab, part of the Ecology and Evolution Research Centre within the School of Biological, Earth and Environmental Sciences at UNSW Sydney, Australia.
My research interests include plant-animal interactions and how these change given spatial constraints, shifting environmental conditions, and land use change. My thesis focused on plant defence and herbivory on islands. I investigated whether long-held beliefs about plant defences and herbivory on islands are indeed fact- something that no one has really tested before.
Please feel free to click around and find out more about what I do. If you are interested in my work, please follow and contact me via the social media outlets above, or by email.
UPDATES! (October, 2018)
- My graduation ceremony is in November! YAY!
- Coming soon: Post PhD life
- Coming soon: Baby-vs-Thesis
- Coming soon: Surviving submission & revisions
- Coming soon: Contents of my Science Communication Workshop
- I have submitted my thesis, handed in my revisions, and am not-so-patiently waiting...
- Our ESA/OEH "Where Do Pollinators Hang Out at School?" project is published!
- I won the E&ERC's Outstanding Postgraduate Researcher Award (2016)!
- I won the E&ERC's Skills Transfer Award - more info is in the 'blog' section